Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Light

I wrote this poem for English last year. It isn't my best. And PLEASE don't correct my grammar, I did it that way on purpose. (^_^)


i ran as far as i could go
tired and about to fail
i ran through the long fallen snow
tired through strong hard hail

as soon as i was about to give up
i found a place to rest my head
as soon as i drained the last of my cup
i found a warm soft bed

it looked like a place out of a dream
and by it a person chilled to the bone
it looked like a place hardly seen
and by it a person completely alone

i asked her where she was headed
in this dark dark night
i asked her if she was lonely
in this dim dim light

she said she wanted to go inside
and i held the small delicate key
she said she didnt want the cut that was wide
and i had a way to heal it freely

i helped her off of those cold steps
i helped her out of that dark night

No comments:

Post a Comment